Saturday, June 7, 2008

sport stacking

I was introduced to sport stacking back in December when someone sent me a link to the then world record holder...and I was absolutely amazed. The hands and cups moved so fast that it seemed like the video was being played in fast forward. If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch this video of the current official world record in the cycle:



This seemed like a fun activity to try out, so I bought a set of cups and began stacking away at an embarrassingly slow pace. Michael was fascinated from the beginning with my cups and wanted to learn to stack as well so I started teaching him the 3 basic stacks...and he turned out to be a natural! He's progressed so much that he's as fast now as some of the fastest 4-year olds in the world at the age of 2. Here's a recent video I put together of the two of us "racing".



Stacking cups is currently his favorite activity. I'm afraid he's going to be faster than me by the time he's 4!

No comments: